Sunday, September 7, 2008

Not much going on today....

Not much going on lately. Oh, I'm doing the usual weekly routines of getting up going to work, coming home, and taking the girls wherever they are going. But as far as my life goes, not much new to talk about.
So, I've been reading the books from the Twilight series. My niece Brittany read them first and I didn't think I would be interested. Then, I read the first one and now I am so excited about the movie coming out in November. I have a crush on the main male character in the book. He's a over 100 year old vampire that seems to know how to smile at a girl and kiss her just right. So funny,that I'm crushing on a character in a book and one that's so............different. Plus, I have looked stuff up on the web on these books,the author, and even the actor playing Edward (Robert Pattinson, by the way.) Add to that, that I'm a 35 year old mom and not a teenage girl who these books seem geared towards. I'm going to have to make Britt or Lauren go to the movie with me so I don't seem so old-person perverted. : )
I'm going to ask you all a question. Who have you had a crush on before that has shocked you? You know, you really don't know what the appeal is, you are just drawn to this person. Real or a character in a movie or book. Not a crush that is your "type" but somebody that you would be embarassed by to be seen with you in real life. Who is your "hidden" crush?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmm...I have a major thing for Tom Brokaw... if he just had a LITTLE more upper lip....

Anonymous said...

First off...LOVE the new page, I really need to do something different, but it just seems to complicated for my small brain, lol

I don't know that I am embarrassed by the fact that I find HOUSE extremely sexy. Not sure what it is, his attitude, his actions, or just him...but he isn't someone I'd normally crush on, but well, I do;) LOL

Lula! said...

My crushes are no secret--they are posted prominently on my blog. Jason Statham, please. I dig him in a big way.

Oh, and who's NOT in love with Edward Anthony Masen Cullen? Oh, swoon...I don't even care that he's fictional. Or a vampire. Or with Bella. I'm not embarrassed.

And don't even get me started on the Jonas Brothers. I'm old enough to be Kevin's mama...but I still think they are adorable, in a non-pedophile kind of way!

WheresMyAngels said...

WHY??? I think Jacob was the hot one. Or have you made it to the other books in the series yet? I was so Team Jacob!

My crush, is John Locke from LOST!

Robin said...

Jacob was something, and the actor that's going to play him is a doll, but there is just something about a vampire, I guess. LOL!!

WheresMyAngels said...

No the actor is not a doll that plays him. I can only see him as Shark Boy(my 4 year olds favorite character ever) and it killed Jacobs imagine for me!! lol

must not be blank said...

I have a major, major crush on Hugh Laurie from 'House". He is older than me--which makes him old--, balding and way too skinny. But those blue eyes are to die for. And I can't get enough of him!!