Monday, September 15, 2008

Update on test.......

I thank you guys for offering support and checking in on me during the weekend.

The test was everything I thought it would be and worse, I guess. LOL. I had to be there by 7:30. I got there about 7:20 and folks were there to tell us that the school leadership test had been moved to another building. I didn't know where it was and was huffing it to make sure I got there on time. I got into that building and no one was in the lobby to tell me where to go. I heard voices, not in my head :), but it was for the Praxis, a teaching licensure test. I heard more upstairs and finally found where I was supposed to be. There was about 24 of us in there.

We had to sit where they told us to sit, have our photo id out at all times, and had to follow certain instructions: Keep id out, no chewing gum, no drinking anything, if your cell phone were to go off then you were made to leave and no finishing the test. Doesn't everybody want to take a very important test with their driver license photo staring at them?

I said we had the "Test Nazis" but I guess she was just reading her instructions from the book. The room was warm, and later in the day, she said she wrote it up so we couldn't say that was why we didn't perform well. I think that was her attempt at humor!!

We started close to 8. The first test was an hour with 10 questions. We went straight into the 2nd test, which was also an hour with 6 questions. Finally, we got a bathroom break. Then we took the third test which was 2 hours with only 2 questions. We went to lunch and came back for test #4. It was 2 hours with 7 questions. I got in my car to leave around 4:20!! What a day!!
Believe it or not, I thought of my bloggin buddies and was glad I had you all on my side. I prayed myself a few times for clarity and making sure I didn't freeze up.

The questions were basically how I would handle certain situations and deal with it. I had to base it on standards we learned in school, like: getting input, working with families/communities, being ethical, and knowing the legality of things. I guess they want to make sure that we won't barge in and be difficult to work with. I don't know, I felt like was writing close to the same thing each and everytime.

Honestly, I don't know how well I did. Some questions I felt like I did okay on and others I know I could have done better. As we were leaving, someone asked if anyone remembered what the first question was and no one could answer him. Six hours of testing, 25 essay answers, and a long day of writing!!!!! I was one worn out chica Saturday evening, but felt strangely elated.
I will hear what my results are in about a month. I hope I am happy enough with them to share with you guys. LOL. I don't know if I could do that again--$480 and the time. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So......... sorry that my post is boring and drawn out today, but I wanted to share with everyone. Thanks again for the support!!


WheresMyAngels said...

Praying you did well on it.

I don't think I could stand being tested all day! Bleck!

Anonymous said...

Mom and I were talking about you today, wondering how you did:) I'm sure you did GREAT!!!!!!

Amie Mumpower said...

Everything you said was true. I just couldn't believe I knew enough to write for that long. I am just glad it is over.

Lula! said...

You totally passed. I am claiming it in Jesus' Name! Yep-yep!

ChristiS said...

I'm sure that you did well! Be sure to check out my blog today! :D Can't wait til next Friday!

Robin said...

Thanks everybody!! I really do appreciate it.