Thursday, September 11, 2008

Say a little prayer for me.....

On Saturday, I will be taking the SLLA test, the school leadership licensure assessment. It will determine whether or not I get my license to be qualified to be a school administrator. I am extremely nervous and I am requesting that you say a prayer for me before you go to bed tonight or Saturday morning.

We have to be there by 7:30 Saturday morning and the test last for 6 hours. It is all essay type answer, and that is trying to put me in a tailspin. I am trying so hard not to think about that, but remember to rely on what I learned in my classes and just answer the questions the best I can. Situations and documents will be presented and you have to reply to questions about how to handle these situations. I have studied and looked over stuff, but am not sure exactly how prepared you can be for something like this.

Oh well, just remember me Saturday as I go for this. I still don't know if I really would want to be a principal or not, but it will be nice to have the qualification part over and done with in case I decide to go for a position.

Thanks a bunch, and I hope to have the good news (a passing score) in about a month or six weeks!!

9 comments:

WheresMyAngels said...

You got it! I do love essay questions. I always figured if I wrote enough, somewhere in the nonsense I was writing there would be a reasonable answer;)

Lane Boyz Mom said...

Good luck and you've got my prayers!!! Let me know as soon as you find out how you did:)

Does Anybody Hear Me said...

Good luck on your test!! A six hour test can be very intimidating...at least for me. I will keep you in my prayers!
How long until you find out whether you did well or not?

The Brady's said...

What a great header and a TERRIFIC family photo! Love it!

ChristiS said...

Hope it went well!! I know several people who took it with ya today!

Robin said...

Thanks to everyone!! I'll post about it later. I'm trying to put it out of my mind!

Lane Boyz Mom said...

I was thinking about you yesterday while I was out in the BOILING HOT SUN at the boy's football games:) I'm sure you did great!

Lula! said...

Just checking in on you...

Hot Tub Lizzy said...

How did it go?

If you ever wanna chat about being a Principal, e-mail me. My mom was a principal for 20+ years, so I know some of the ins and outs....